Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Summertime in Aledo

We hadn't been to Aledo for quite sometime, and since it was Uncle Colby's 27th birthday, it gave us the perfect excuse to go up there for the weekend.  As usual, it went by entirely too fast, but was a weekend filled with TONS of love from Gigi, PawPaw and Uncle Colby.  They loved on Tyson and I too, but Parker stole away most of the attention...I won't hold it against him because let's face it, he is entirely too much cuteness to handle in only one weekend! ;) Parker also got to see Mimi and Aukey B, Uncle Chris and Taylor and his future Aggie buddy, JD.  (which meant that I got to see my super sweet friend, Jackie, who I love to pieces and had so much fun catching up with!!) I say it every time we come back from a visit, but I could not have hand-picked a more loving, simply perfect set of in-laws.  I just love them and am so lucky to have married a man with such awesome parents.  And I love even more that my son has such truly amazing grandparents.  He has no idea how blessed he is by them just yet, but I'm certain he will soon.

 Aledo greeted us with the most BEAUTIFUL sky I've seen in a long time!


 I love swimming with Sweet P...

But there's not much relaxing around this pool...it's my sweet climber's paradise!




 A momentous occasion in the life of this young American boy...his very first Oreo cookie!

 I think he was a little underimpressed...he didn't even finish it!

 He was, however, a bit distracted at the time by Mimi, the tickle bug.



 He loved those tickles!

 He also loved pushing her in the wheel chair.  Such a strong boy!

 Parker loves to dance with his Gigi!

 Aukey B. took him for a special ride!  

 This boy is obsessed with brooms, mops and vacuum cleaners...I think I could use this to my advantage until he's old enough to realize what he's doing with them!





 Parker and Uncle Colby both love to snuggle before bedtime!

 And Parker also loves his morning snuggles with Gigi in her bed.

 Gigi fed him well!

 The whole family had to get in on these Sesame Street bedtime snuggles!

 He certainly loves his daddy! (So do I...)

 Eat that necklace, daddy!!

 Checking out his first look at a real frog!


 Just too cute.

 Meet Parker's new FAVORITE thing to do in Aledo...

 Go for a ride in the RTV with his PawPaw!!

 Oooh-wee do they both have a soft spot for one another!!!

 3 generations of handsome Thomas boys!

 Parker loved it so much he learned how to say "ride" in a matter of minutes because he wanted to keep doing it!

 Swimming with daddy!

 It was hot, hot, HOT in Aledo...so this was the perfect way to cool down!



 Kisses for daddy from the mushroom.




 Looking over the big infinity edge waterfall...




 Uncle Colby takes such good care of his little man, Parker.

 Deek wasn't quite sure what to think of such a little person...especially when that little person started stealing his ball!

 Just sittin with Gigi...eating a grape and having some water.  


 Parker's favorite word right now is "dog"...

 ...he certainly was able to get up close and personal...

 ...with one HUGE dog!





 Such a pretty boy!


 Parker liked Deek's licks on his feet!

 A perfect spot for my climber.





 That Gigi of his is just too sweet to him!




 Parker saw Deek getting a drink of water and decided he was thirsty too...

 ...so why not copy the dog and get a drink out of the huge pool of water right in front of you?! 


 TOO CUTE!


 Uncle Colby helped Parker eat his dinner...



 Lots of sweet snuggles with Gigi!


 Born one day apart and quite possibly two of the cutest boys I've ever seen!  JD and Parker had so much fun playing together!

As it turns out, they both LOVE Elmo!!

 Gigi bought Parker his own baby couch to keep in Aledo so it's always there waiting for him when he comes to visit.  How sweet!




No comments:

Post a Comment