Thursday, January 6, 2011

24 Weeks

I went in for our 24 week appointment yesterday. We didn't get to have an ultrasound this time, but I still got to listen to the sweet heartbeat of Baby T. (which was in the 150's and sounded "perfect" according to Dr. Peterson) It has become my new favorite sound -- everything else seems to disappear and the world feels just about perfect when I hear that precious heart beating. Dr. Peterson measured my 24 week belly and said it was measuring just right...and that my 15 pounds of weight gain so far are just right too! I've started noticing a very foreign feeling that I've never experienced in my life, and for those of you who have it, I have so much sympathy for you now...heartburn. Holy moly. All I can say is, thank you Mr. Tums for inventing your magical product. Now, it might be a combination of my recent love for peppermint patties and spicy foods, because apparently chocolate, peppermint and anything spicy are all huge culprits for heartburn...or it might mean that Baby T will be born with a head of hair. Either way, it hasn't been easy to cut back on the peppermint patties! I've also started noticing another foreign feeling, one that I've been waiting for my whole life, but this one leaves a smile on my face every time....Baby T has been moving like crazy! I think it's kicks are getting stronger each day. Tyson still hasn't felt it, but he's been able to SEE it - which he thinks is pretty crazy, but amazing all at once. I have fallen in love with this feeling, and as much as I can't wait to meet our baby face to face, I think I might really miss feeling it move and kick when it's born. 24 weeks down, 16 to go, and I'm loving every minute of this second trimester!


1 comment:

  1. You look so cute pregnant! I love reading your updates. You and Baby T are in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete